Tuesday, December 13, 2011

To Cuff or Not to Cuff?

It's cuffin season. Everybody just feels the need to keep reminding me. It's about that time to turn up the heat and cuddle up under a warm blanket with a significant other. Why does cold weather make us want to settle down with another person? Is it because the body heat of another person feels good in comparison of the subzero temperatures of outside or is it something about being near another person that just puts a person in a good mood?

Who the hell knows? I sure don't. But come summer time, many people are ready to be free and have their fun. There's something about warm weather that just makes you want to be ratchet, I guess.

But what happens when that person you shared the covers with during those long snowy nights becomes more than just a cuddle buddy? Many of us don't enter into these relationships (and I use that term loosely) with any intentions of continuing said relationship after the groundhog sees his shadow. But sometimes life has other plans for us. Cuddle buddies don't only share a bed for the night. They share time, conversations, laughs, tears, jokes, stories and sometimes secrets, hopes, dreams and fears. These mixed with the physical aspects that are sure to be involved (whether it be kissing, sex or something in between) can lead to feelings from one or both parties that weren't expected or may not even be wanted.

I'm in my fourth year in college and I've never had a legitimately cuddle buddy. I've shared that extra long twin mattress a few times, but there were always feelings involved in one way or another. Now that December is here and I'm moved into my own off campus apartment, I've been thinking about having someone around for companionship and to keep the heating bill as low as possible. I'm not dating or talking to anyone right now and that's the way I like it. But taking all of this into consideration, I don't want to put myself or anyone else in a position where the summer rolls around and we aren't sure where we stand. Maybe I'll take the chance, maybe I'll add another blanket to my bed brave the Pennsylvania winter on my own. Who knows?

Happy cuddling :)

-Niss.
The Trophy on the Shelf (Even If No One Stops and Stares)

#nowplaying Wale featuring Miguel - Lotus Flower Bomb


No comments:

Post a Comment