Thursday, April 28, 2011

Poem: Late Night Creep

No strings attached
Was What I told myself
When I made my way to your room that night
A hoodie and leggings and out the back door
Just trying to stay out of sight
Just a few hours later
I held my head high
And all those feelings dissolved
A smile on my face
Because when I made the walk back
There was no shame involved
My heart never meant for commitment
When the dark cut you off from my sight
But my head on your chest
Felt like a puzzle piece
Finding the one spot it fit into just right
Now a piece of the picture is missing
And Im wishing that you were just here
The silence echoes off the dorm room walls
Without your heart beating in my ear
My head says "no strings attached"
But my heart quickly dismissed that demand
Who ever thought I'd catch feelings
From a cuddle buddy one night stand?

-Niss: The Trophy On the Shelf (Even If No One Stops & Stares)

No comments:

Post a Comment